1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground bison
1 medium yellow onion diced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 15 ounce can chili beans drained
1/2 cup bison or beef broth
6 kaiser rolls or other medium size round bread to use as bread bowls
1 cup shredded cheese
• Add the olive oil to a large soup pot and place it over medium-high heat for
about 1 minute. Add ground bison and onion. Cook stirring occasionally until
the bison is browned.
• Add the garlic powder, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper and chili powder. Stir until
• Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili beans and broth mixing to
combine. Bring to a low boil then reduce the heat and gently simmer
uncovered, for 20 minutes or until some of the liquid has reduced. A more dry
chili is better so the bread bowls don’t become soggy.
• Cut a hole in the top of the kaiser rolls and pull out the center to create a
bowl, being careful not to make the walls of the bread too thin. Save the
bread pieces for dipping into the chili.
• Spoon chili inside of each bow, top with shredded cheese and a scoop of sour
Copyright © 2022 3 Bar Bison - All Rights Reserved.